The Tourist Information Center
Thanks to the charm of its vineyards, Saint-Emilion was recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1999
Welcome to Saint-Emilion !
Thanks to the charm of its vineyards, Saint-Emilion was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1999. Throughout the year the Tourist Office of the Grand Saint-Emilionnais Area offers a range of services to help visitors discover the town’s rich heritage and iconic vineyards.
- Saint-Emilion underground (a tour of unique underground monuments): 45 minutes in the heart of this underground world
- Historical Saint-Emilion (sightseeing visit): A 90-minute tour highlighting the town’s history and development - a visit to the monolithic church is included.
- Saint-Emilion from above, a panoramic view: Tour of the Bell tower and the King’s tower
- Saint-Emilion Thematic tours: guided tours
- Bordeaux-Saint Emilion Grands Crus Unesco Tour: Friday with a winegrower in Saint-Emilion: explore two UNESCO-listed sites in one day.
- Oenology Saturdays: Day trip includes; an introductory course to wine tasting, lunch in a restaurant, a tour of Saint-Emilion’s underground monuments and a visit to a winemaking estate (including tasting).
- Tell me about Saint-Emilion - A children’s tour during the school holidays – a one-hour fun and educational visit exploring the town.
- Saint-Emilion beneath the stars, an alternative take on the town: A two-hour guided tour unveiling the mysterious and hidden features of this medieval city by starlight.
- Audio guide, Saint-Emilion by car: In complete freedom, discover at your own pace the secrets of Saint-Emilion and its World Heritage status, with a GPS audioguide taking in eight iconic locations.
- Bike rental for a day or half day – guided tours available.
- Reserve tickets directly with the Tourist Office for the Pottery Museum, the Museum of Winegrowers, and also for concerts and other events in the Grandes Heures de Saint-Emilion festival.