Very easy chocolate and dried fruit mendiants
Christmas sweets are the little extras that make all the difference at the end of the meal.
Christmas sweets are the little extras that make all the difference at the end of the meal. Indeed, we are no longer very hungry, but it is difficult to resist these miniature pastries, such as mendiants, one more appetizing than the other!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
• 300 g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
• 4 tablespoons candied orange peel in pieces
• 15 candied cherries
• Whole almonds and hazelnuts
• Fresh pistachios
• Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie.
• When it is well melted, spread out the equivalent of a small tablespoon of chocolate, a few centimeters apart, on a large baking tray covered with greaseproof paper.
• Once all the chocolate is spread, put on each mendiant an almond, a hazelnut, 4 small pieces of candied orange, some candied cherries and one or two pistachios.
• Leave the mendiants to cool off and harden in a cool, dry place.
• Peel the mendiants and put them in a pretty cup.
To be served as a dessert, with a powerful wine from the Saint-Emilion appellations!