Spanish gazpacho recipe
A refreshing and simple to make gaspacho recipe.
There are many variants of gaspacho or "gazpacho", as many as there are inhabitants in the south of Spain and Portugal. Here is a particularly refreshing and simple to make, to serve as an appetizer, with a glass of wine from Saint-Emilion appellations.
For 6 persons
Preparation time: 20 minutes + 1 hour minimum in the fridge.
- 1 kilo of ripe tomatoes
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 small green pepper
- ½ white onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of wine vinegar or juice of half lemon.
- 1 small piece of hard bread.
- 1 glass of water
1. Peel the cucumber and cut it into small pieces, as well as the tomatoes, green pepper, white onion and garlic.
2. In 4 containers, place a small amount of tomato, cucumber, green pepper and white onion.
3. In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, white onion, garlic, hard bread, olive oil, vinegar and water and salt.
4. Pass this through a sieve and put the gazpacho in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Serve chilled with a little olive oil, the four ingredients kept aside and toasted bread slices.