Southwest foie gras and caramelized apple
It is a simple-to-make gourmet entrée for the end of the year holidays.
The most delicate part is the cooking of the foie gras, it must be lightly grilled, to retain all its softness. The sweetness of the caramelized apple will strengthen this pairing and bring out the flavors of the foie gras.
For 4 people
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Lobe of fresh foie gras
- 2 apples from Limousin
- 20 g caster sugar
- Fleur de sel, mill pepper.
- 1 glass bottom of natural apple juice
- Peel the apples and cut them into pretty 1 cm thick round slices (take care to remove the pips).
- Cut the foie gras lobe into cutlets, 1.5 cm thick.
- Season the cutlets of foie gras according to your taste (salt and pepper), and fry for 1 minute on each side in a very hot pan. Place them on absorbent paper and keep aside in a warm place.
- In the same pan (slightly lowering the temperature), caramelize the apples with the sugar while keeping a slightly crunchy center.
- When the apples are cooked, start the dressing, a slice of apple, a cutlet, topped with another slice.
- Deglaze the cooking juices over a low heat with a little apple juice and cover the foie gras / apples with this slightly sweet and delicate juice.
Serve immediately, with a glass of wine from the Saint-Emilion appellations.