2016 Saint-Emilion Jazz Festival 2016, the program is available!
For its 5th edition, the Saint-Emilion Jazz Festival proposes a new colorful vintage of friendliness and intimacy in places as prestigious as the invited artists
For its 5th edition, the Saint-Emilion Jazz Festival proposes a new colorful vintage of friendliness and intimacy in places as prestigious as the invited artists. From July 22nd to 24th 2016, come and share the perfect pairing of music and Saint-Emilion wines, with more than 75 musicians scheduled, ten free concerts, 15,000 festival goers and 4 appellations to taste!
2016 Saint-Emilion Jazz Festival: wine and jazz
Jazz, funk, soul, virtuosity and tastings: since its creation in 2012, the Saint-Emilion Jazz Festival has become an established event in the jazz world. For its 5th edition, the festival is true to its fine reputation.
"With the Saint-Emilion Jazz Festival, one can expect magic moments. There is the magic of the show of course, the magic of the wine, complemented by the magical heritage. Whether you are from Saint-Emilion, the area or whether you come from much further, you will find during this festival enough to amaze you ".
Chélima Fadé, general coordinator, Saint-Emilion Jazz Festival
Wine and jazz lovers can meet at the ephemeral wine bar in the heart of Guadet park for tastings of 21 different wines each day.
With the winegrowers of Saint-Emilion, you will discover the Saint-Emilion, Saint-Émilion Grand Cru, Saint-Emilion Grand Cru Classé, Puisseguin Saint-Emilion and Lussac Saint-Emilion. Taste the wine in music at the Saint-Emilion Jazz Festival!
2016 Saint-Emilion Jazz Festival: the highlights
Fourteen concerts will take place during the three days of the 2016 Saint-Emilion Jazz Festival. Marcus Miller, Jean-Pierre Como, Stéphane Belmondo, and Faady Freddy and Electro Deluxe are the headliners:
• Marcus Miller will open the festival with his jazz-funk that will make Gaudet Park groove on Friday, July 22nd at 21:30. This unique artist, immersed in the world of music since his childhood, will thrill audiences with his generosity and charisma.
• On Saturday, July 23rd at 15:00, a musical tasting will take place in the cellar of Château Cheval Blanc. Spectators (sold-out concert) can sample vintages carefully selected for the event. And who better than Stephane Belmondo to ensure the musical direction of this musical tasting? The trumpet player and ambassador of the Saint-Emilion wines will express the sensations felt during the tasting in music.
• On Saturday, July 23rd at 21:00, it’s the turn of Jean-Pierre Como in the intimacy of the Dominicans hall. The pianist will introduce you to his latest project Europa Express. This melody lover will be accompanied by musicians like the saxophonist Stefano di Battista, the guitarist Louis Winsberg and singers such as Hugh Coltman and Walter Ricci.
• On Sunday, July 24th, Faada Freddy will, in turn, be on the Dominicans hall stage at 18:30. Inspired by the Senegalese folk, gospel and soul, his voice will convey an emotion-filled music that crosses borders.
• To close the festival on July 24th, Electro Deluxe will share a mind-blowing time at Parc Guadet at 22:00. After throwing the public into frenzy at the Saint-Emilion Jazz Festival in 2013, the group returns with a music still as explosive bordering on groove and jazz and that, above all, has no limits!
Throughout the festival, also find many free concerts on offer at Gaudet Park.